Child Support

Both parents are responsible for the support of their children, whether the parents are married or not. When the parents are separated, either parent can file a court proceeding (divorce, legal separation, parental relationship, etc.) to seek payment or support from the other parent. The amount of support to be paid by one parent to the other is based on established statewide guidelines.

Attorney Garry J. Bowman, a certified family law specialist, can assist you in determining the guideline amount of support. Once a court orders child support, it can be enforced by a wage assignment order which directs the employer to deduct the support from the paycheck and send it to the other parent. Every case is unique and support orders will vary depending on many factors.

Call or email attorney Garry J. Bowman for more information relating to your specific situation. His private Chula Vista law office can provide you with individual, personal attention for your family’s immediate or long term needs. Garry has been specializing in Family Law for over 40 years and is recognized publicly as a superior provider of diversified legal services including: divorce, estate planning, adoption and restraining orders.